Sunday, August 06, 2006
This topo is a rough guide to good safe problems up to about V3 on the Knoll boulders underneath the Shelterstone. Please let me know of any other problems you might do or know of that are worthy, or any harder problems that have been done above about British 6a. Lots of problems have been done here and it would be good to get a consensus of the best circuit and best 'off-piste' lines, some of which lurk in the great jumble above the Knoll.
1. Easy arete on reddish granite.
2. Overhanging groove, moving left on higher jugs.
3. Short slab direct.
4. Bigger slab to the right, straight up.
5. Cube-shape boulder arete. Jump to start.
6. Right arete of the diagonal crack boulder.
7. Tiptoe r-l along the diagonal crack then reach high for jugs in centre of wall.
8. Overhanging groove.
9. Right side of sharp arete.
10. Lip traverse l-r of curved boulder.
11. Easy large slab left to right arete above small howff.
12. Short wall on pink crimps.
13. Lip traverse R-L.
14. Traverse crack from R-L.
15. The right hand side of the Nose.
16. The left hand side of the Nose.
17. Crack and arete.